Charlie invites you to visit Scotland with him August 2-9 2020!
After six SOLD-OUT annual tours with well over 250 happy fellow travelers—we now invite you to our Bonnie Dundee Tour, featuring four nights in beautiful Dundee, and three nights in the jewel of Scotland's crown (and my favorite city in the world) Edinburgh!
In this tour we visit the gorgeous castles, rivers and historic sites in these magnificent parts of Caledonia. But we have created a tour with fewer hotel changes and many more day trips!! Evenings are more relaxed in two of Scotland's greatest cities.
CHARLIE ZAHM'S "BONNIE DUNDEE TOUR" 2020 INCLUDES:
(click on the links below for more information)
- Edinburgh – Enjoy one of the most beautiful cities in Europe for three nights! Every street, every bridge, every wynd has a story!
- St. Andrews – You know the famous town for the golf, but wait 'til you see its beauty and ancient charms!
- Dunnottar Castle – Steeped in history, this is one of the most dramatic castles in Scotland!
- Brechin Cathedral – Nestled in the rural heart of Angus, Brechin Cathedral is nearly 1000 years old!
- Arbroath Abbey – An ancient site most closely associated with the Declaration of Arbroath of 1320, which asserted Scotland's independence from England!
- Falkland Palace – Inspired by the grand châteaux of France, in the 16th century James IV and James V transformed this favored retreat of the Royal Stuarts.
- Dundee – A city with everything, we will stay here 4 nights while exploring the beautiful and historic countryside.
- Elcho Castle – A rugged a 16th-century tower house built on the banks of the River Tay.
- The Kelpies – At 100-feet high, these are the largest equine sculptures in the world! Kelpies are legendary Scottish shape-shifting water spirits.
- Anstruther – The largest in a string of gorgeous, old-world fishing villages along the stretch of Fife coast.
- Prestonpans – The town east of Edinburgh where, in 1745, Bonnie Prince Charlie came with his Jacobite army and soundly defeated the government army.
- Crail – A charming village featuring cobble-stone streets that tumble down to the miniature harbor, which is sheltered by cliffs and surrounded by historic fishing cottages.
- Pittenweem – Another great visit, this town includes Kellie Lodge, a late 16th century town house that was once the residence of the earls of Kellie, the parish church that dates from the same period and the attached ruins of the 12th century Augustinian priory!
- Tantallon Castle – The last of the grand medieval castles with an amazing scale and projected strength.
- Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo - THE WORLD FAMOUS TATTOO!
Also: Four formal shows (with Tad Marks on fiddle), great hotels, meals and many more stops along the way!
I would love to have you with us in 2020!
See the flier below for overview information, or email email@example.com, or call Bill Reid at (610) 825-7268 for all the details! We would love to take you with us!
Single Supplement $395
Airfare not included